Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On Food

Food is necessary. It nourishes us, revives us, and fills us.

I happen to love food, every kind of food (except cauliflower and rest-stop tuna) and have been eating quite a lot of it lately (nice to see you there 10 pounds). Now, the food I've been eating hasn't been the most exciting, but it's been good nonetheless. My diet lately has consisted of string cheese, rainbow sherbet, chocolate, and Boardwalk Subs (only the best subs on the planet). Not too exciting, huh? No, but I have had some wicked good food in the past 4 months. In Spain and here in Amuurrica.

Let me make a list for you: (I like lists if you haven't noticed)

1. #20 montadito at CIEN MONTADITOS
This "montadito" or small sandwich is a concoction of a small toasted sub bun with a bar of melted chocolate and red fruit jam. It sounds strange, but is oh so delicious.
I miss you SO MUCH!



















2. The Cottage Burger at the Cottage Bar
Best burger out there.
First thing I wanted when I got to the U.S. So satisfying!




























3. Banana Cream Pie Blizzard from DQ
Enough said.





































4. Franks Favorite Omelet at Real Food Cafe
I had this for the first time this morning and can't wait to go back and get it again. Should have taken a picture of the sucker. It was huge!




































Annnnddddd last but not least...
5. Mama Lola's fresas con azucar y nata (strawberries with sugar and whipped cream)
Kate and my host mom made us this every night for dessert. We were spoiled.
Good memories in that little yellow room.

No comments:

Post a Comment