Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Dive in the Sky

While my mom and brother were in Spain visiting, my brother convinced me to go skydiving. He was getting all inspirational with me, saying things like, "Kristina you have to live like there's no tomorrow..." and all that crap. This is the brother who made me ride roller-coasters BY MYSELF for the majority of our childhood because he was too chicken to ride them. As I desperately sought after Pete to give me some words of wisdom and NOT go, he plainly said, "You should do it. Can I come too?" Uhhh not helping. Anyway, all us crazy kids jumped out of a perfectly good plane on Sunday and it's safe to say it was one of the most amazing experiences!

It was a combination of of pure exhilaration mixed with curiosity and ok... a little fear. Just a little.

There I am!


















Ok, here's the details. You fly 11,000 feet up, which is about 2 miles. Two people at a time. The first mile is straight free fall. It's incredible. The song, "I'm like a birrrrdddd, I only fly away" was stuck in my head the whole time. You have to hold your arms in, tilt your head back and arch your back and legs. Incredible, I tell you. Pure thrill. You tumble and roll a bit, but then even out. After the 30 second rush, you pull the rip cord (this is about 5,000-6,000 feet in the air) and float around in the sky for the next 3 minutes or so. It's so serene and still for those 3 minutes. Finally, landing is suppose to happen on your butt, but we landed standing up, as smooth as could be.

So, if your ever in Mt. Pleasant, MI check out Central Michigan Skydivers. They hook you up.

Me & my tandem instructor, Geoff.



















And if your ever feeling to fall out of a perfectly good plane, DO IT. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha LOVE this, Kristina. I am so happy you went and had a great ol time! :D

    ReplyDelete