It's been about 2 months since my boyfriend and I decided to spend time time apart. I am telling you this because I told myself that I want to stay accountable and being public helps me stay that way. I want to be honest and not hide in my own reasoning and justification.
Since that day in October there has been immense growth on both of our parts.
I have clung to God in times of pain and confusion and continue to do so.
He has discovered a deeper connection in his faith and matured in many ways.
Most of all, throughout this time we have fallen back in love. As I mentioned before, our relationship was burdened with immense expectation and was hindered by hurt. We were very disconnected with one another and with God.
Now, we're not "back together," but we are speaking and seeing each other about twice a week. We are pursuing our relationship with one another with more intention than ever before. We want our relationship to be a union that honors God first and foremost and that requires a lot of change, together and independently.
Our relationship will never be perfect or even close to that. Perfection is a lie. There is so much more beauty in imperfection. Our relationship, however, is healing, growing, and changing. We are acknowledging things about ourselves that we need to change and creating a steady focus on the Lord to guide us where He wants us.
I feel a confidence about our relationship that I have not felt in a very long time and I will stand up in the ocean of criticism I may receive because I care very deeply about this relationship.
Just wanted to continue my vow to honesty and share that with you... That's all.
so you know, i support you 100%. while i don't know details, i have been in a similar spot and i understand the feeling of standing up for a relationship that others may not believe in. stay strong and keep your eyes on what's important, it sounds like you've been doing well!
ReplyDeleteMelanie, I really appreciate your support and experience. I feel like we've learned a lot of the same lessons thus far. I'm really thankful for your words!
ReplyDeleteKristina, thanks for being so honest. I want you to know that I support you if you think it is the right move for you. I pray for boldness for the both of you to be able to talk freely and openly with one another to produce the healing and growth you speak of.
ReplyDeleteRemember Proverbs 3:5-6:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will direct your paths.
Let Him be in control this time and He will not let you down.
Can't wait to hear more about this as it develops. :)Good luck with finals, love!
Kat, I sincerely appreciate your Godly support. Please continue to pray that God's will be done in all of this. Love you, dear!
ReplyDelete