Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Reality

Welcome to the reality of being a student. This is my reading material for the semester:






















I'm just dying to read Assessment is Essential. Sounds like a good weekend read, huh? The other books aren't too bad... yet. It's only the third day of the semester. I'll update you on the quality of the rest, I'm sure you're thrilled. No really, they're not that bad. Reading about something I'm actually passionate about makes a big difference. 

Speaking of books and reading... my mom and I went to a teacher book sale at the Cascade Library last week and I picked up some of my first books for my future classroom! Take a look: 


























I even got myself my very own copy of Everyone Poops. SO PUMPED. Not sure it's appropriate for a classroom, but I plan on potty training my children one day. 

Lastly, my favorite find was this Children's Dictionary from 1979 that is in mint condition. 


























Luckily reality gets a little break this week when Andrea and Sam get hitched and we can celebrate!!! Grand Valley is also gracious enough to give us Monday AND Tuesday off. How sweet of them. 

Do you guys have any plans for the long weekend? Relaxing? Grilling? I'll be sure to post some pictures of the fabulous wedding this weekend.

Oh also this is what I'm missing today:























La Tomatina in Buñol, Valenica. I will get there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment