Monday, September 5, 2011

Lake Michigan

I drove out to Lake Michigan tonight on a whim hoping to steal some rays of sun from one of the last sunsets of summer.

Unfortunately, I got to the lake at 8:22pm and the sun went down at 8:13pm. Bummer. I did, however, get to see the sky turn beautiful shades of orange, pink, and purple and drove away with those hues in my rear-view mirror.

Lake Michigan is a refuge for me. A drive I love, a peace to my senses, and a renewal I crave. I find peace in the ebb and flow of the tide and knowing it will bring a new day.

I don't know what I would do without water close to me. I love the sand between my toes, the sound of the waves crashing, and the sense of freedom I have when I am at the shore. Exhilarating.

Do you have a favorite place? Is it near water or in the streets of the city?

South Haven sunset from Pete and my 6 year

No comments:

Post a Comment