I also had the help of Sam's (Andrea's finance) sisters and my other two lovely best friends, Em and Meg. Meg just got engaged to the wonderful Kevin and is in the process of planning her very own wedding! So exciting! These girls are my rock. I don't know what I would do without them. Thanks so much for your help and support girls, I couldn't have done it without you!
I had a blast planning the shower. I took the DIY approach to most of the decorations and handmade the invites, 4 pennants, and Meg made the sweetest paper chain. I used a lot of things that I already had instead of buying all new things.
Invites (outside):
Photo board = welcome sign
Em, Meg, and I also made a large (10 feet) pennant for the fireplace.
I made 3 more pennants for 3 small windows on the other wall. I also had some beautiful wildflowers flowers put together from a wonderful florist that Andrea is using for her wedding.
Aren't they beautiful? She grows them all herself too!
It was a great summer project. Now I can hopefully make a dent in my Spain scrapbooking/photo efforts. That could take awhile. Side note: Starting this fall I am putting money away to go back to Sevilla. Yes, that's right. I'm planning on going back May 2013, after I graduate. I also want to visit some places I didn't get to last time like Dublin, London, Berlin, and mayyybeee Italy, Greece, or Turkey. It's still a long ways away...unfortunately.
I am officially done with my summer classes tomorrow and I couldn't be happier, although the past 6 weeks have FLOWN by. It's unbelievable that the fall semester will be starting in 3 weeks. NOT COOL. I'm going to enjoy my last couple weeks of summer with some reading, boating, and relaxing.
Oh and credit to Meg for these wonderful pictures! Thanks love!
kristina, you are a wonderful friend! you did such a nice job with the shower and it was so much fun to help out! :) i love you girl!
ReplyDeletep.s. those pics look darn good! who took those?? haha
p.p.s. i think going back to spain would be wonderful!!!
Thanks Meg! I just added credit to you; thank you so much for all the pictures, they look great! Thanks for the support for Spain, I'm really hoping I can make it happen.
ReplyDelete