Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why a blog?

Way back when, I aspired to be a journalist. You know, one of those fast-paced, always have great hair, journalist. It was maybe more of a dream than a reality and after my first Intro to Journalism class in college, I had a little bit of a crisis. One week I was a Journalism major with all the gusto in the world to be that high-heeled super woman and the next day I'm a Photography major, then a Public Relations major, then finally to my current major, (I'm not changing it now, goshdarnit) English/Language Arts. I feel at home in this decision and am so excited to have a classroom of students one day.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, I love to write. I thought that love of writing would propel me through college and on to a great career. Not so much. I adore writing and it stops there. Unfortunately, I don't think I have what it takes to be that wind-in-your-hair woman who conquers one breaking news story at a time. I'm a little more boring than that.

Writing is a passion of mine. It is a release. It is wonderful sense of fresh air that allows me to take what I know and feel and release it into words. That is why I keep this blog; because I can write. Not necessarily write well, but write nonetheless.

I also found it so beneficial in Sevilla to sit down and reflect on what I had been doing. I enjoyed spending time thinking back on my past activities, sentiments, and observations that I thought spending the time at home to do those things would help me to remember to reflect and s.l.o.w down.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know where my inspiration for this began and I hope you can take time to reflect on your life and not let it pass you by. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment