Thursday, June 28, 2012

Seattle: Space Needle

I arrived in Portland/Vancouver around 9:30 on Tuesday night and the next morning we headed off to Seattle bright and early. Seattle is about a 2 hour and 15 minute drive from the Vancouver area.

We had booked a room in April at the Mayflower Park Hotel in downtown Seattle. The hotel was in a prime location in the city. About a 5 minute walk from Pike's Place Market and a short monorail ride to the Space Needle; where we had lunch reservations upon our arrival.

(Also-- the hotel also had extremely comfortable beds, in which we completely slept through dinner and awoke at 3am utterly confused.)

Like I said, the Seattle Monorail was a 2 minute walk from our hotel and only $2.25 for one way. It only has two stops: the one near our hotel and the Space Needle.

Enjoying the monorail 



Because of the steep prices ($19/person) to go to the observation deck at the Space Needle, we decided to just have lunch there, so we could sit and enjoy the view instead of fight for viewing space along the observation deck. Lunch was wonderful. The outer rim of the floor spun one full rotation every 45 minutes, so we got the ultimate view of the city. I had yummy clam chowder and a berry apple salad, while Pete got ribs.









Tomorrow I'll share Pike Place Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment